AARP Smart Drivers Course May 20
The AARP Smart Driver Course, offered by AARP Driver Safety, is the nation’s first and largest refresher course designed specifically for drivers age 50 and older. For more than 30 years, the course has taught millions of drivers proven safety strategies so they can continue driving safely for as long as possible.
The new, updated course is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Taylor Community’s Woodside Building, 435 Union Ave. Class size is limited to 20 people. To sign up, please call 524-5600, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The nominal fee is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members, payable the day of class. AARP members should bring their cards. There will be a break for lunch and the Woodside Café is available for dining.
This course will help participants:
- Learn research-based safety strategies that can reduce the likelihood of having a crash
- Understand the link among the driver, vehicle, and road environment, and how this awareness encourages safer behavior
- Learn how aging, medications, alcohol and other health-related issues affect driving ability and ways to adjust how to allow for these changes
- Increase confidence
- Know how to drive safely when sharing the road with other road users
- Learn the newest safety and advanced features in vehicles
- Learn when driving may no longer be safe
- Explore other ways to travel
Some automobile insurance companies in New Hampshire provide discounts to participants who complete this course. People are encouraged to check with their respective insurance agents for more information.
Posted in: Events, News
Next article: New Hampshire Fiddle Ensemble May 30